Saturday, August 28, 2010

week 34: tracks

I spend a decent amount of time on the rail line and found myself inspired by tracks this week. I am intrigued by the evidence of journey laid down by a track. I also love the idea of traveling such paths, where one has the opportunity to simply be an observer of the world around with no other responsibility but the destination. There is something about the prelaid foundations, the waiting, the strangers that could soon be friends and the chance to look out the windows into the world that I find refreshing to embrace. As the week went on, I grew to see new meanings, sources and paths of tracks and found myself inspired to pursue this idea further creatively...

2 comments:

susanvg said...

I love your thoughts. I, too, spent time on trains this summer. I think, too of the time the tracks were laid (decisions that might be quite different today), and about the many reasons people have for being on the train. We follow the tracks laid down, but leave to tracks. Interesting ideas to pursue.

longneys said...

Beautiful sunset pic. The 'track' idea is very thought provoking. Thanks.